- Implement Transportation policies that reduce single-occupancy vehicles (e.g., road diets) and make our public transit system more attractive, accessible and beneficial to those with and without private vehicles.
- Complete streets (Accessibility, Pedestrians, Bicycling, Connection to Public Transit)
- Improve and incentivize use of Public Transportation (e.g., more frequent, more affordable, more competitive, more effective, etc.). Extend Buffalo’s MetroRail.
- Electrification of vehicles
- Charging infrastructure
- Equitable access to electric vehicles
- Support for commercial vehicle electrification
We are seeking comments from individuals and organizations on this chapter. Once the Goal, Strategies, and Action Items are drafted, public comment period of 30 days will be open. Please get involved and help inform our Erie County Community Action Plan.
Goal - Broad, aspirational statement of what we want to achieve specific to Transportation
Transportation Goal - Draft Goal Developed
Public comments are now closed - thank you for your input!
Strategies - Identify approaches that we take to achieve the goal
Transportation Strategies - Ready for Public Review
Read our Active Transport Strategy here (Open until 10/7)
Read our Transit & Land Use Strategy here (Open until 10/26)
Action Items - Specific policy, program, or tool we used to understand progress to support a strategy
Transportation Action Items - Coming Soon