- Implement Transportation policies that reduce single-occupancy vehicles (e.g., road diets) and make our public transit system more attractive, accessible and beneficial to those with and without private vehicles.
- Complete streets (Accessibility, Pedestrians, Bicycling, Connection to Public Transit)
- Improve and incentivize use of Public Transportation (e.g., more frequent, more affordable, more competitive, more effective, etc.). Extend Buffalo’s MetroRail.
- Electrification of vehicles
- Charging infrastructure
- Equitable access to electric vehicles
- Support for commercial vehicle electrification
We are seeking comments from individuals and organizations on this chapter with a 30 day public comment period. Please get involved and help inform our Erie County Community Climate Action Plan.
Goal - A broad, aspirational statement of what we want to achieve specific to Transportation
Transportation Goal - Draft Goal Developed
The Draft Goal has been developed, but we are still accepting feedback. Please email email@example.com to provide feedback!
Strategies and Action Items - Identify approaches that we take to achieve the goal
Transportation Strategy - Up for Public Review!
Read our Transportation Resilience Strategy here - Open for public comment until 2/6
Transportation Strategies - Draft Strategies Developed:
These Draft Strategies have been developed, but we are still accepting feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide feedback!