The plan shares the goal of its predecessor—to identify those sectors of the regional economy Erie County can most influence and to further identify, in the form of individual initiatives, what specifically Erie County will do to propel those sectors forward.
The plan contains 71 initiatives across the following priority sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Brownfields and Vacant Property Redevelopment
- Infrastructure and Transportation
- Municipal Smart Growth Initiatives
- An Inclusive and Prepared Workforce
- Bi-National Logistics and International Trade
- ECIDA Enhancement
- Quality of Life
- The Blue Economy
Initiatives for a Smart Economy 2.0 – Focus on Inclusion represents the Poloncarz administration’s deep commitment to a comprehensive, innovative approach to economic development that contributes to a more vibrant economy and creates shared opportunities for all.