ERIE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Principal Stores Clerk – Position # 51009681 ** Temporary
Rath Building Mon-Fri 7am – 3pm
Starting Annual Salary: $ 44,755 (Job Grade 7 – CSEA)
The Erie County Department of Public Works Highways Division is seeking an individual for storing and processing supplies, including all phases of a supply system and the physical maintenance and upkeep of the area and all associated equipment. Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher-ranking employee. Supervision is exercised over a subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
- Supervises and participates in the receipt, checking and disbursement of supplies in a County department;
- Supervises the work of staff by making assignments, reviewing work, and evaluating performance;
- Plans, supervises and participates in the stocking of supplies for storage;
- Supervises and participates in the taking of periodic inventories;
- Prepares articles and equipment for outside repair, and maintains associated records of such items;
- Makes up re-stocking requisitions;
- Maintains records and makes reports;
- Reconciles inventories.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and six (6) years of experience in office or warehouse work which includes the handling and storage of supplies or merchandise.
NOTE: Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience will be pro-rated toward meeting full-time experience requirements
**Civil Service Competitive position, exam date to be determined**
Competitive benefits package includes comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage and NYS retirement.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by July 11, 2022 to:
Tina Bakowski, Principal Personnel Clerk
95 Franklin Street, Room 604, Buffalo, NY 14202
Only those whose resumes are being considered will be contacted.
Erie County is an Equal Opportunity Employer