COVID-19 treatments help prevent severe disease. COVID-19 treatments work best when you receive them as soon as possible after becoming sick, so it's important to get tested and talk to your doctor right away to find the treatment that is best for you. All treatments require a prescription.
New York State COVID Treatment Program
New Yorkers who test positive for COVID-19 can now seek new treatments that help prevent severe disease. Each of these treatments have proven to be effective against COVID-19 and are available throughout New York State.
All New Yorkers, regardless of income or health insurance coverage who test COVID-19 positive, are eligible to be evaluated for treatment. If you test positive for COVID-19 and do not have a regular health care provider, you can be evaluated for treatment by either:
- calling 1-888-TREAT-NY, OR
- visiting the NYS COVID-19 ExpressCare Therapeutics Access Website
- For more information see the NYS COVID Treatment Website
Erie County Department of Health COVID Treatment Program
- Symptomatic patients, with a positive COVID-19 rapid test result from an ECDOH operated COVID-19 test site (see COVID Testing for locations), will be asked to contact their primary care provider as a first step to access a prescription for COVID-19 treatment.
- Individuals without a primary care provider, or whose primary care provider is not available to prescribe COVID-19 oral treatment, will be screened and offered a prescription if eligible.
- This program is not available to those tested on Fridays after 12:00 pm. Those individuals should contact their healthcare provider for treatment options.
- For questions about this program, talk to staff at the testing site.
- For medical related questions and/or additional questions about treatment please contact your healthcare provider.