Agriculture and Food Systems
- Farmland protections
- Engaging local environmental organizations to encourage farmers to use farming practices and technologies that protect the health of people, animals, soil, air, and water and are sustainable.
- Providing resources, support, incentives, and promotion of farmers to encourage food production methods, such as sustainable and organic practices, to increase their customer base.
- Supporting the creation of a consumer-producer-buyer verification process to support and increase consumer purchasing of healthy and local food.
- Promoting the inclusion of food systems as part of climate resiliency and/or disaster mitigation planning efforts.
- Encouraging sustainable siting of large-scale renewable energy projects so that prime farmlands are not negatively impacted.
- Supporting, promoting, and broadening participation in the Greater Buffalo Urban Growers Pledge.
We are still accepting feedback for this chapter. Thank you to everyone who left feedback!
Goal - A broad, aspirational statement of what we want to achieve specific to Agriculture & Food Systems
Agriculture & Food Systems Goal - Draft Goal Developed
The Draft Goal has been developed, but we are still accepting feedback. Please email email@example.com to provide feedback!
Strategies and Action Items - Identify approaches that we take to achieve the goal
Agriculture & Food Systems Strategies - Draft Strategies Developed:
The Draft Strategies have been developed, but we are still accepting feedback. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide feedback!
If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com or below.