COVID-19 Testing Sites in Erie County
Testing sites operated by the Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH)
The ECDOH testing locations offer PCR and rapid testing. PCR results take from 1-3 business days and results are given by phone. The rapid test takes about 20 minutes and the result is given onsite. No appointments taken; walk-in only.
- Jesse Nash Health Center, 608 William St, Buffalo, NY 14206: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Erie County Emergency & Training Operations Center, 3359 Broadway, Cheektowaga, NY 14227: Monday to Friday from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Other testing sites (these sites are not operated by the ECDOH)
At-home COVID tests
- Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order free at-home COVID-19 tests. Order through the mail at covidtests.gov or call 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489).
- Note: Ordering through this program will be suspended on Friday, September 2, 2022 because Congress hasn’t provided additional funding to replenish the nation’s stockpile of tests.
- Many health insurance providers reimburse or cover the cost of at-home tests. Find information here and contact your insurance provider directly.
- See What to do if you test positive.
- The FDA recommends repeat testing following a negative result whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms. See FDA Safety Communication: At-Home COVID-19 Antigen Tests - Take Steps to Reduce Your Risk of False Negative.
- Positive COVID-19 Home Test Reporting Form - Use this form to report your at-home performed COVID-19 positive test result to the Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH).
- See isolation information.
- For medical related questions, call your healthcare provider. If you do not have a provider, see this list of primary care providers who are accepting new patients.
An antibody test (also known as a serology test) might tell you if you had a past infection. Antibody tests should not be used to diagnose a current infection.
- Your healthcare provider can write a script for antibody testing. If you do not have a provider, see this list of primary care providers who are accepting new patients.
- Testing site zip code finder
- FDA Advises Against Use of SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Test Results to Evaluate Immunity or Protection From COVID-19 After Vaccination
- COVID-19 Treatment
- Erie County Isolation, Quarantine & Return to Work Documents
- Excelsior Pass
- COVID-19 Testing FAQs (CDC)
- COVID-19 Testing FAQs (FDA) or call 1-888-FDA-INFO
- Abbott COVID-19 Test Fact Sheet for Recipients
- Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Patients (English)
- Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ficha de Datos para Pacientes (Español)
- Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Patients (English)
- Languages other than English translated by a third party