The deadline for submitting applications has passed. The application process is now closed.
We are now going through the process of reviewing the submitted applications. We will contact all submitters as to the status of their applications.
On May 9th there was an online information session detailing the Storefront program and answering questions regarding qualification and the application process. That session has been recorded and is available HERE.
- Must own or lease space at a physical location zoned/ licensed for business operations within Erie County
- Must be a for-profit business
- Earned less than $5 Million in Annual Gross Income for 2019 and 2020
- Have 75 or fewer employees as of 3/17/2020
- Exterior building facade improvements
- Permanent outdoor fixtures
- ADA and building code compliance activities
Special Consideration for:
- Minority/ Women/ Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses
- Applicants from the same commercial business district
Documents to review for details about the program and the program application process:
- The Storefront Program Flyer (April 25th)
- The Storefront Revitalization Fact Sheet (April 18th)
- The Application Checklist which details all required and optional documents needed for completing the application
- Frequently Asked Questions about the program and the application process
- Payroll Self-Certification Form
- Building Owner Consent Form
- The Printable Application for those that want to submit by mail
Prior to starting the application process:
- Review the Application Checklist and gather your attachments in one easily accessible computer folder. Name your documents appropriately.
- Documents can only have one of the following extensions: pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg, png, tif, txt, doc, docx, xls or xlsx. Pdf format is preferred. If you attempt to attach any other type of extension, the website will reject your upload. Zip files are NOT allowed due to security concerns.
- Due to upload constraints, file sizes must be limited to 3 or 4 MB per file. Each upload element has a description stating the maximum file size allowed. Files larger than the maximum will not be allowed to be entered.
- For PDFs, this website - https://smallpdf.com/ can assist you in converting file types and/or reducing file sizes.
- To reduce Pdf file sizes, try printing to PDF (try to print the file, but instead of selecting a printer, choose Adobe PDF/equivalent feature); this will "flatten" the file, making it simpler/smaller.
- To reduce photo sizes (gif, jpg, jpeg, png) use an image editing software (ie. Paint) to resize the image.
To submit an application:
The official deadline to apply for the program is June 16th at midnight. The Online Application is now closed.
Who should I contact if I have questions about this program?
Send all questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can expect to receive a response within 72 hours. All attempted phone inquiries will be re-directed to the Erie County Storefront Revitalization website for email communications with program administrators