ERIE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
ANTICIPATED VACANCY NOTICE
Laborer - position # 5533 - Permanent
Family Court Mon-Fri 6am-2pm
Starting Annual Salary: $ 35,622 (Job Grade 3)
The Erie County Department of Public Works Buildings and Grounds division** is seeking an individual for work which involves performing routine manual work requiring physical endurance and willingness to perform a variety of routine and repetitive tasks. Direct supervision is received from a variety of higher-ranking employees who make work assignments and review work completed. Supervision is not a function of this position. Does related work as required.
- Cleans and services buildings by sweeping and mopping offices, halls, stairways, etc.;
- Waxes and buffs floors with mechanical equipment;
- Oils, lubricates or greases motors such as found in engine room, laundry, elevators, vehicles, etc.; Cleans lighting fixtures, replaces light bulbs, and washes windows, moves furniture and equipment and washes walls;
- Assists with outside work such as sweeping walks, shoveling snow, cutting lawns, trimming hedges, etc.;
- Loads and unloads trucks;
- Cleans and performs minor maintenance on trucks, tractors, other vehicles, including changing tires, checking fluid levels, etc.;
- Picks up and disposes trash or soiled linen;
- Complies with various Occupational Safety & Health Administration laws and regulations, including reading and understanding Material Safety Data Sheets relating to hazardous materials and other substances;
- Delivers clean linen;
- Acts as a messenger;
- May occasionally act as a crew leader for part-time, seasonal and less senior personnel in training.
round investigation will be conducted on applicants prior to hire. **
Applicants must be able to perform moderately heavy physical labor, and be able to read, write and understand the English language.
Competitive benefits package includes comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage and NYS retirement.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a completed application by September 29, 2023 to:
Tina Bakowski, Principal Personnel Clerk
95 Franklin Street, Room 604
Buffalo, NY 14202
Only those whose applications/resumes are being considered will be contacted.
Erie County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.