Regardless of your emergency, you will most likely need to provide the following:
- LDSS-2921 Application, unless applying for/ receiving ongoing Temporary Assistance. Applications are also available in languages other than English.
- Photo identification for anyone age 18 and older.
- Birth Certificates & Social Security Cards for anyone not currently receiving ongoing TA or SNAP benefits.
- Immigration Status, if not a US Citizen (I-94, Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization, etc).
Income, which may include your last 4 weeks’ pay stubs, or monthly statements for things like Social Security, child support, workers compensation, or disability insurance.
- If you will be starting a new job, you can provide a letter from your employer confirming your start date, rate of pay, hours per week, and date of first check.
- If you are self-employed, you should provide proof of your most recent 3 months’ income and expenses.
- Resources, which may include bank statements and retirement accounts.
- Residence & Household Composition, which may include a current landlord statement, lease, or collateral statements from friends, neighbors, or family members confirming where you reside and who lives with you.
- Shelter Expense, which may include a current landlord statement or lease, and your portion letter, if you receive Section 8.
- Property Ownership & Expenses, which may include a deed, monthly mortgage statement, county and local taxes, homeowner’s insurance, user fee, sewer and water bills.
10/07/2021 - 2:53 pm