Help create a healthier and more resilient Erie County by becoming a Climate Action Ambassador
The Climate Action Ambassador program encourages residents to have conversations and share input on how our community can be healthy, sustainable, and resilient. Through this program, Ambassadors will gain knowledge to engage with their communities on topics such as climate change, equity, renewable energy, clean transportation, and more to help develop an equity-centered climate action plan.
Be a Climate Action Ambassador!
- If you are interested in becoming a Climate Action Ambassador please fill out this sign-up form to access our Climate Action Ambassador Toolkit and join discussions with others on the topics below.
- Being a Climate Action Ambassador is a flexible commitment. We ask that you try to host at least three meetings within your community to gain feedback on how Erie County can be healthy, sustainable, and resilient. These meetings can happen in any format that you deem appropriate for your community.
- If you have any questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Erie County Sustainability Coordinator, Tracy Skalski.
Couldn't make it to a live Ambassador Orientation session? No problem! You can watch a recording of one of our sessions right here:
The Department of Environment and Planning and partners will host a series of learning opportunities and discussions to help prepare Ambassadors to bring their communities’ voices into Erie County Climate Action. Ambassadors will be asked to watch pre-recorded videos about various Erie County Climate Action topic areas featuring County staff, expert partners and community leaders.
How to Talk About Climate Change
Susan Spierre Clark, PhD, Assistant Professor and Chair of Sustainability Graduate Programs at the University of Buffalo, introduces and explains how to effectively communicate climate change:
- The importance of talking climate change (0:58)
- Why it is difficult to talk about climate change (3:05)
- Tips for effective climate change communication (7:00)
- Strategies to include when communicating climate change (13:15)
- Impacts to Western New York (16:11)
- Additional resources (21:57)
Community Ambassadors discuss how we can help build a more healthy & #climate resilient Erie County