Emergency Services, 460 Main St, 2nd floor, may assist you with a one-time payment to purchase essential household furniture/supplies, if: (1) a qualifying condition exists and (2) you do not receive ongoing Temporary Assistance or cash benefits.
- If you receive TA, you should apply with your worker directly. If you don’t have your worker’s phone number, you can call 716-858-8000 for more information.
- Qualifying conditions commonly include:
- an individual or family has been placed in temporary housing through ECDSS and is now moving to permanent housing;
- a child is returned to a household;
- an adult is moving from an institution into an apartment in the community or with family;
- a living situation adversely affects the physical and mental health of an individual/family, which makes relocation to an unfurnished apartment essential in order to safeguard health, safety and well-being.
- Along with other common documents needed for application, you should bring whatever proof you have regarding the circumstances surrounding your move, as well as what happened to your previous furniture.
10/07/2021 - 4:04 pm