- Emergency Services, 460 Main St, 2nd floor, may assist you with a one-time payment of stove or fridge repair or replacement, if: (1) you are responsible for providing your own appliance and (2) you do not receive ongoing Temporary Assistance or cash benefits.
- If you receive TA, you should apply with your worker directly. If you don’t have your worker’s phone number, you can call 716-858-8000 for more information.
- If you do not own the appliance, and it’s included in your rent, you should contact your landlord for help with repairing or replacing it.
- If your appliance isn’t working properly, you can apply for assistance with repair. Along with other common documents needed for application, you’ll need to have one of the companies on our Small Business List do an estimate for the cost of repair. We have several contracted vendors who can do this. You will need to pay them $12.50 when they come to your home; if you are approved for assistance, we will reimburse you the money on your benefit card.
- If you do not currently have a stove or fridge, and your landlord doesn’t include appliances in your rent, you will need to provide documentation of that situation instead.
05/02/2022 - 8:25 am