- Cancer Services Program provides a simple, at-home early detection colon cancer screening test called a FIT Kit. You complete the FIT Kit in the privacy of your home and mail it directly to the lab.
- This Kit is available for any average risk Erie County resident, regardless of insurance status, between the ages of 45-75 years old.
- To request a fit kit by mail, complete this form or call us at 716-858-7376!
- See this video for FIT Kit instructions.
- For more information, contact us and #JustScreenIt!
- For those without health insurance, Cancer Services Program will cover the cost of colonoscopy testing for a positive FIT kit result, or for those considered to be at increased or high risk of colorectal cancer.
- Our Case Manager will help coordinate any appointments needed.
- If colorectal cancer or a pre-cancerous condition is found that needs treatment, Cancer Services Program has coverage under a special Medicaid Cancer Treatment Program (MCTP) for eligible persons without health insurance.
Watch this video because colorectal cancer can be prevented! Erie County Department of Health is encouraging adults between the ages of 45 and 75 to #JustScreenIT!