- Receives, classifies and processes consumer complaints.
- Investigates, mediates and resolves consumer complaints through contacts with vendors and consumers, via phone, letter, email or personal visits.
- Conducts independent investigations of suspected violations in the sale of commodities and rendering of services.
- Check businesses for availability of items as advertised in the various media.
- Provides information and referral services to the public on consumer problems.
- Shares information with other enforcement agencies: District Attorney, County Attorney, State Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission, FBI, Justice Department and other local, state and federal jurisdictions.
- Liaison with the business community.
- Provides information to courts and testifies at county and state hearings, when necessary.
For additional information about Erie County's Office of Consumer Protection, view or print out our department’s brochure.