- Emergency Services, 460 Main St, 2nd floor, may assist you with a one-time payment of current monthly storage expenses if you are in a temporary housing situation- in other words, when you do not have a place of your own, but have found a temporary place to stay with a friend or family member.
- If you have nowhere safe to stay, the Homeless Team, located at 158 Pearl Street, 1st floor, may be able to place you in a shelter, hotel, or motel during normal business hours. After 5:00 pm, you may call 211WNY, at 1-888-696-9211. They can help you find safe shelter for the night, and then have you follow up with the Homeless Team the following business day. You can apply for both storage assistance and shelter placement at that time.
- You may apply if you are (1) moving items into storage or (2) you already have your items in storage, but cannot pay your current month’s bill.
- Along with other common documents needed for application, you will need to provide a current statement from the person with whom you are residing, as well as paperwork from the storage company- either a current bill or 2 written, sealed estimates. While ECDSS does not currently have any storage contracts, many of the moving companies listed on our Vendor List do offer storage, and can provide estimates. You also may choose to obtain estimates from companies not on our list.
- NOTE: We may only authorize payment to store essential items that are appropriate for your household size.