Heating Equipment Repair &/or Replacement:
This is a benefit that can assist with repairing or replacing the primary heating system, if it is unsafe or inoperable.
- Be a homeowner residing in their primary dwelling
- Resided in the dwelling for at least the past twelve months
- The primary heating unit must have worked in the past twelve months
The homeowner will need to provide the following information. Please note all circumstances are different and the department may need more information.
- A completed LDSS-3421 (HEAP Application) is required
- ID for all household members
- Utility bills
- Proof of Ownership
- Proof of income – Past thirty (30) days
- Proof of resources – Bank and account statements for the past thirty days.
- Homeowner must select at least one participating vendor
Applicants may apply in-person or mail at 460 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14202 or customer may fax their applications to 716-858-6765. Applications must be directed Attn: HERR Team. The HERR benefit will remain open to the public during the summer season until it is announced that funding has ceased or otherwise.
Click Here for general information related to applying for HERR in Erie County.