Heating Equipment Repair &/or Replacement:
Beginning October 2, 2023, applications for the 2023-24 HEAP Home Equipment Repair & Replacement (HERR) and Clean & Tune program benefits are being accepted. Benefits will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants through close of business September 30, 2024 or until funding allocated to these components is exhausted.
This is a benefit that can assist with repairing or replacing the primary heating system, if it is unsafe or inoperable.
- Be a homeowner residing in their primary dwelling
- Resided in the dwelling for at least the past twelve months
- The primary heating unit must have worked in the past twelve months
The homeowner will need to provide the following information. Please note all circumstances are different and the department may need more information. Note -- Applicants are limited to one furnace in 10 years; and applications for a repair are limited one repair per year, or maximum $4,000 repair. Applications should be sent to: HEAP, 95 Franklin St., Buffalo, NY 14202, Attn: HERR.
- A completed LDSS-3421 (HEAP Application) is required
- ID for all household members
- Utility bills
- Proof of Ownership
- Proof of income – Past thirty (30) days
- Proof of resources – Bank and account statements for the past thirty days.
- Homeowner must select at least one participating vendor
Applicants may apply in-person or mail at 460 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14202 or customer may fax their applications to 716-858-6765. Applications must be directed Attn: HERR Team. The HERR benefit will remain open to the public during the summer season until it is announced that funding has ceased or otherwise.
Click Here for general information related to applying for HERR in Erie County.