Jesse Nash Health Center
608 William Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
Phone: (716) 858-7942
Fax: (716) 858-4962
- Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Closed all federal holidays and select training days.
- Appointments for PrEP are encouraged.
What is PrEP?
- PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis) is a safe and effective medication that can greatly reduce your risk of HIV infection.
- To get started on PrEP, talk to your health care provider, or call our clinic at 716-858-7942.
- PEP (Post-Exposure Prophylaxis): PEP is a medication that must be started within 72 hours of a potential exposure to HIV.
- PrEP/PEP Services are offered through our Sexual Health Clinic.
- Program Brochure
How Much Does PrEP Cost?
- Private insurance plans, as well as Medicaid, will cover the cost of PrEP. In most cases, you would only be responsible for your co-pay.
- We will be happy to check with your insurance company to determine how much a monthly prescription may cost.
- If you do not have health insurance, or are subject to high deductibles, our clinic has resources available that can assist you. In many circumstances these resources may completely cover the cost of the drug and/or co-pays.
How Do I Get Started With PrEP?
- Appointments encouraged.
- Here is what you can expect
- You will meet with a member of the PrEP team who will talk to you about the program, medication, possible side effects and answer your questions.
- You will have testing. A nurse will draw blood and collect swabs and a urine sample.
- At the end of the visit you will be given a package of 10 PrEP pills to start while we wait for the results of your lab work.
- In a few days your lab work will be reviewed by our medical provider and, if everything is approved, a prescription will be sent to your pharmacy of choice.
- A 30 day follow-up medical appointment will be scheduled.
Additional Resources and Information
- Sexual Health Center
- Family Planning Center
- Free Condom Program
- Disease Investigation and Partner Services
- LGBT Resources
- End HIV in WNY
- HIV & AIDS Resources and Information (NYSDOH AIDS Institute)
- PrEP Locator
- NYS Provider Directory
- Mpox (previously called monkeypox)
03/03/2023 - 10:33 am