Please DO NOT use this system for the following situations
- If this is an emergency - dial 911 immediately.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) gas or other poisons - leave the site immediately and dial 911.
- Food related illness - call (716) 858-7697.
- No heat - call (716) 961-6800 Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm; After hours, call (716) 961-7898.
- Animal bite - call (716) 961-6800 Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm; After hours, call (716) 961-7898.
- Facility operator reporting an incident - call (716) 961-6800 Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm; After hours, call (716) 961-7898.
- This is the website for the Health Department in Erie County, NY. For Erie County, PA go to https://eriecountypa.gov/departments/health.
How to file a service request or complaint for several health related topics
Restaurants and Bars
- To report a food related illness, please call (716) 858-7697.
- Restaurant Inspection Records of food service establishments in Erie County
- Restaurant or Bar Complaint Form
- Contact the NY State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
- If you consumed food from a grocery store, and you believe that you became ill from it, then contact the ECDOH Environmental Health Division at (716) 961-6800.
- To report underage tobacco sales in a grocery store, contact the ECDOH Environmental Health Division at (716) 961-6800.
- To report underage alcohol sales in a grocery store, contact the NY State Liquor Authority or call (716) 847-3035.
Housing, Camps, Hotels
- Lead Poisoning
- Contact the Erie County Department of Health Environmental Health Division at (716) 961-6800 for the following type of complaints:
- Children's Camp
- Rooming House
- Septic System
- Swimming Pool
- Hospital or D&T Center or call 1-800-804-5447
- Physician, Physician Assistant/Specialist Assistant
- Other Licensed Professions
Nursing Homes & Long-Term Care Facilities
- Nursing Home Care Related Issues: NYSDOH 1-888-201-4563 or NYSDOH Complaints About Nursing Homes
- Nursing Home Patient Abuse, Neglect, Mistreatment & Insurance Fraud: NYSAG 1-833-249-8499 or NY Attorney General
- Adult Care & Assisted Living Facilities: NYSDOH 1-866-893-6772
- Ombudsman Program: 716-817-9222 or Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Complaints about swimming pools operating without a permit can be sent to the Erie County Department of Health Division of Environmental Health at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (716) 961-6800.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA); (212) 337-2378
- Public Employee Safety & Health (PESH); (716) 847-7133
- NY State Department of Labor; 888-469-7365
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH); 800-232-4636
- Beauty/Nail Salon, Spa or Health Club
- COVID-19 Fraudulent Products: FDA 1-888-INFO-FDA or FDA Fraudulent COVID-19 Product
- Schools (Pre-k - 12)
- Smoking/Tobacco - Contact the Erie County Department of Health Environmental Health Division at (716) 961-6800
- Tattoos, Permanent Make-Up & Body Piercing