The Erie County Attorney's Office cannot provide legal advice or representation to members of the general public
- Can the County Attorney represent me or residents of the County in legal matters or disputes?
No, by law the County Attorney is the legal advisor to the County. The County Attorney cannot offer you personal legal counsel.
- How can I find a lawyer to represent me?
The New York State Unified Court System offers a directory of lawyers in your area. Additionally, the Bar Association of Erie County offers a lawyer referral program. For more information about the Erie County Bar Association Referral Program, contact them directly at (716) 852-3100 http://www.eriebar.org/LawyerReferralandInformationService
- Frequently asked questions that the County Attorney's Office is ethically prohibited from answering:
- How do I file a claim against Erie County?
- Where and how do I serve court papers on Erie County?
- Can you give me legal advice?
- Can you recommend an attorney?