Skip to main content

Child Support Available Services

We Can Help You

If you are not receiving support from a non-custodial parent, we can provide location or collection services even if you are not currently in receipt of any form of Government Aid.

The Office of Child Support Enforcement in Erie County:

  • Assists you in locating an absent parent for your child
  • Helps in the establishment of paternity for your child
  • Assists in the obtainment of a child support order for your child
  • Enforces the child support payment as well as delinquent payments
  • Assists in the actual collection phase of child support collection
  • Assists in the process to gain additional support for your child

Temporary [Public] Assistance or Medicaid clients:

If you are currently receiving Financial Assistance or Medicaid, filing with the local Child Support Unit is automatically done for you.

Non-Temporary [Public] Assistance or Medicaid clients:

If you do not currently receive Financial Assistance or Medicaid, you may file an application at the ECDSS Child Support Office. Most services are free. There is a mandated account service fee of $25.00 per year if you have never received TANF (public assistance). There is a fee for legal representation. The expense of legal services and the annual fee will be deducted from your child support payments.

What we need from you:

When you apply for Child Support, you will be required to furnish the Investigator with some of the following information:

  • The name of the absent parent
  • His/her Social Security Number
  • Name and location of their most recently known employer
  • Last known address of absent parent
  • Most recent court order

You Can Help Us:

If you have any information please contact at [716] 1-888-208-4485 (TTY 1-866-875-9975) between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM.

Family Court Assistance:

To file a petition in Family Court asking for enforcement of a child support order, you must:

  • Apply in person to complete the process at the address listed below
  • The process will take several hours to complete - early morning arrival is suggested
  • If the court order is from outside New York State, please contact the County Attorney’s Office at 858-2200 to schedule an appointment.

Family Court Building

1 Niagara Plaza

Family Court Petition Processing Unit - 4th Floor

Buffalo, New York 14202

Additional information is available at the Family Court web site Here

For further information about Child Support Services in New York State: