Upcoming Zoom Virtual meetings to better Understand Medicare for Caregivers! Check out the picture below for more details.
March 16 - Meeting ID: 160 315 9291 Password: 835767 or Connect by phone: US Toll Free: 833 568 8864, Meeting ID: 160 315 9291
March 23 - Meeting ID: 160 892 0135 Password: 584698 or connect by phone: US Toll Free: 833 568 8864, Meeting ID: 160 892 0135
Did you know that 85% of all care to the frail and disabled is being provided by family and friends?
Caregivers often completely change their lifestyle to take care of those they love. Caregivers include senior citizens caring for relatives under the age of eighteen, as well as spouses, adult children, and/or friends.
When asked what would make the life of a caregiver easier, many reply "information" and "respite." This website offers an assortment of information on numerous topics.
To speak with someone about caregiving, call (716) 858-8526.
There are only four kinds of people in this world:
Those who have been caregivers,
Those who currently are caregivers,
Those who will be caregivers, and
Those who will need caregivers
Some examples of caregivers:
- A grandmother in her 70's who is the sole support for her 12 year old grandson
- A husband concerned that his wife's driving is becoming erratic and unsafe
- An elderly woman who can no longer bathe her disabled sister with whom she lives
- A son in his 30's who finds out his mother's utilities are all being shut off
- Neighbors who occasionally look in on a forgetful older woman living alone