"Considered by many to be the most beautiful beach in Erie County"
If you enjoy resting and relaxing, make a point to visit Bennett Beach. Our beaches are places of majesty and tranquility. You can start your summer vacation here by bringing your sunscreen, umbrellas, and beach balls. The sunsets are some of the best on the Great Lakes.
- Grassy fields
- Steelhead trout
- Lake Trout
- Brown Trout
Bennett has everything you need for a day in the sun. You can plan on fishing, swimming, and sunbathing. The beach has a family atmosphere that everyone can enjoy.
It is an open beach (swimming does not open until 12noon; the park itself opens at 10 am). There are no shelters here, but grills and picnic tables are provided.
Bennett Beach Information:
- Swimming permitted ONLY when lifeguards are on duty
- Beach Hours 10 am – 7 pm. The gates at the main parking lot are locked at 7:30pm. Visitors may park in the overflow lot across the street from 7:30pm - park close.
- Swimming (if open) is from 12pm - 7pm
- Alcohol and glass containers
- Fires or cooking on the beach
- Floatation devices (life jackets, floats, tubes, rafts, kayaks etc.)
- Pets on beach
- Loud music
- Please discard all trash in receptacles provided
- Please stay out of dunes and protected areas
The water at Bennett Beach is open for swimming only when lifeguards are present AND water testing indicates that the water is safe. The water is tested daily.
As a park with natural aquatic features, aquatic alerts of various types may have been issued. Be sure to check these sites below!
For more information about preventing the spread of Aquatic Invasive Species: www.dec.ny.gov/animals/48221.html
For more information on Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) visit: https://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/83310.html
To learn more about Fish Consumption Advisories for Western New York, visit https://www.health.ny.gov/environmental/outdoors/fish/health_advisories/regional/western.htm