"Best Family Picnic Area In Buffalo WNY"
The park contains many different types of wildlife, herbaceous plants and flowers throughout the park. The Cayuga Creek Nature Trail along with its nature booklet provides a description of the different species found along the trail. The trail starts at the Boy Scout Grove and extends around in a complete circle.
American Beech, Basswood, Hawthorn, Butternut Hickory, Eastern Cottonwood, Sycamore, Black Walnut, Virginia Bluebells, Ostrich Ferns, Goutweed, Japanese Knotweed, Lesser Celandine, Red Pine, Scotch Pine, European Pine, Norway Spruce, Staghorn Sumac, Black Birch.
Squirrels, Opossums, White- Tailed Deer, Raccoons, Skunk, Fox
American Finches, Great Blue Herons, Belted Kingfishers, Black-capped Chickadees, White -Breasted Nuthatch, American Kestrels, Eastern Screech Owls, Woodpeckers
Hiking, bicycling, disc golf, fishing, basketball, tennis, soccer
Como Lake Park contains The Lighthouse 18-hole Disc Golf Course. To find out more information about the course Click Here. Course Map
Sledding, Ice skating, cross country skiing.
For daily updates to winter sports please visit our Winter Sports Activities section on our home page.
Como Lake Bark Park
Como Lake Bark Park is an off-leash dog area at the eastern end of the park near the Bowen Road entrance. Erie County Parks, Recreation & Forestry is happy to partner with Lancaster Unleashed Inc. to offer this great amenity at Como Lake Park. Visit www.comolakebarkpark.org for more information on Lancaster Unleashed.
The Indoor facilities and large shelters available at this park are The Lancaster Place, Casino, Bowen Road Grove, Rich Marino Gazebo
In 1926 Erie County acquired Como Lake Park through a special village election. The 80 acres of land donated by the village of Lancaster formed the nucleus for further park expansions. Como Lake Park, named after the tourist resort in Italy, was Erie County's first multi-purpose park and is today the third largest park in the system.
Distinctive features which Como Lake Park contains are as follows a 4 ½ acre man-made lake which was used in the winters as an ice skating rink, lodge (1928), the Como Lake Lighthouse, a bridge, groves, stone fireplaces, small zoo (later removed) and a 220yd. Toboggan run (later removed). The lake was dredged for the second time in 1926. WPA crews constructed four bridge abatements, two of which remain as structure anchors to this day. At Como Lake Park's peak, it offered a complete spectrum of participatory and spectator events.
Make your shelter/building reservation online or call (716) 858-8355 from 8:00 to 3:45 weekdays.